Top 5 U.S. Big Box Retailer
This client installed solar arrays on 500 stores, many of which had roofs that would not last the length of these new contracts.
Align roof service life with solar lease length to avoid the costs of removing the arrays to perform roof replacements.
- Assess which roofs do not need attention, which may be aligned with repairs, and which will require removal and put-back of the array.
- Focus on developing a repair plan to address the roofs that could have their life extended to align with the length of the lease, thereby avoiding excess cost.
- Plan, manage, and ensure quality on all repairs.
While not all roofs could be saved, significant opportunities to avoid cost were uncovered through project discovery, decision-making support, and proper planning.
Stores with new solar installs
Per store cost to remove an array
Stores with roofs that could be aligned with solar lease length
Stores with repairs complete to date
Approximate total cost avoidance
Have Questions? We’re Here to Help!
Discover more about improving facility performance while reducing costs
- Mitchell College - Through this sustainability project, the school was able to replace an old, inefficient system that was not only producing carbon… Read more
- Price Chopper / Market 32 - Like many supermarkets, Price Chopper/Market 32’s outdated systems and long run-hours left them with high utility bills and old equipment.… Read more
- Trinity Health New England - Trinity Health of New England contracted with the efficiency solutions group at Mantis Innovation to develop and implement lighting and… Read more
- Top 5 U.S. Big Box Retailer - Align roof service life with solar lease length to avoid the costs of removing the arrays to perform roof replacements. Read more